Website Arthritis, Rheumatic & Bone Disease Associates
What You’ll Be a Part of: the ARBDA Culture
At ARBDA everyone has an opportunity to make an impact and put their skills and interests front and center. We are growing and we want you to join our supportive culture and make your mark! Arthritis, Rheumatic & Back Disease Associates is one of the largest independent rheumatologists in NJ. Our team of doctors has an unwavering compassion for our patients and our employees.
Be a part of something big!
What You Will Do:
The Clinical Call Center Lead performs and oversees the performance and management of the Call Center and Triage Departments.
- Ensures the Call Center and Triage departments run efficiently each day by managing the workload and overseeing call flow and distribution of tasks.
- Coaches, mentors, and supervises staff.
- Communicates with Operations Director about general observations and issues. Presents and implements potential solutions.
- Oversees adherence to practice policies and procedures.
- Oversees training of all new staff and ensures current staff are fully trained and updated on new information.
- Communicates any changes to tasks or processes to staff.
- Monitor incoming and outgoing calls for quality assurance
- Handles patient complaints with professionalism and empathy.
- Oversee external referral process with other Healthcare organizations.
- Performs all duties of Call Center and Triage staff when coverage is needed.
Call Center & Triage Representative Duties:
- Answers calls and schedules appointments into EMR.
- Enters patient demographics, insurance, and necessary clinical information into EMR.
- Answers calls and routes calls to appropriate departments.
- Enters tasks and routes tasks to appropriate departments.
- Responds to emergency calls according to established procedures.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with patients, colleagues, physicians, and the public.
- Communicates with Answering Service for on-call schedule information.
- Prepares and sends new patient packets.
- Ensures that all labs and requested information is available to provider for new patient visits 2 days prior to appointment.
- Requests lab and test results from patients, doctor’s offices for NPFE.
- Answers non-urgent triages for assigned providers.
- Presents information to physicians in a professional manner.
- Requests labs, scans, and records for new patients one week prior to visit.
- Responds to all patients’ messages from practice voicemail.
- Responds to telephone questions from patients, labs, other doctor’s offices, etc.
- Processes prescription requests from physicians, billing, and precertification departments.
- Research questions, issues and problems from voicemail messages and patient telephone calls for physician review and action.
- Requests lab and test results from patients, doctor’s offices.
- Responds to triage messages received via EMR from physicians and coworkers.
- Keeps current with new medications.
What You’ll Have:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- College Degree preferred.
- Two years’ experience working in a supervisory role.
- Experience with EMR.
- Knowledge and understanding of medical terminology.