Website Arthritis, Rheumatic & Bone Disease Associates
What You’ll Be a Part of: the ARBDA Culture
Arthritis, Rheumatic and Bone Disease Associates (ARBDA) is one of the largest, most experienced, and Top-Rated rheumatology practices in the nation. Established in 1974, we have been caring for patients for close to 50 years. ARBDA has grown from a single office to 6 offices throughout south and central New Jersey and employs over 100 employees and growing. Our team is dedicated to diagnosing, treating, and medically managing arthritis, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases and Osteoporosis. Our mission is that we strive to continually build relationships with our patients and their families through treatment, education, and advocacy while maximizing their quality of life.
At ARBDA everyone has an opportunity to make an impact and put their skills and interests front and center. We are growing and want you to join our supportive culture and make your mark! Our team of doctors has an unwavering compassion for our patients and our employees. Be a part of something big!
What You Will Do:
Under the direction of a physician or registered nurse, the Infusion Assistant provides medical care, service and clinical support to patients. They may assist physicians or nurses with patient treatment and clerical support.
Must be available to work at both our Hamilton and Wall, NJ offices as needed.
- Prepares infusion records accurately in advance of patient appointments including add-ons.
- Prepares infusion area for treatment of patients and maintains a clean, healthy and safe environment for patients.
- Interviews, receives, instructs, reassures and comforts patients.
- Prepares, reviews and documents recent laboratory testing related to patients’ treatment on infusion records and fee slips.
- Checks and records the patients’ pulse, blood pressure, temperature, weight, height and other medical history data in EMR.
- Operates equipment such as blood pressure apparatus, oral temperature instruments and attends to intravenous pumps under the direct supervision of a registered nurse or physician.
- Administers injections directed by a physician and administers pre-medications to infusion patients under the direct supervision of a registered nurse.
- Assists with specific duties delegated by nursing staff including obtaining vital signs, manual blood pressures and removing intravenous catheters.
- Schedules appointments, prepares supply and medicine inventories and keeps supplies stocked.
- Assist and support in answering infusion triage calls as needed.
- Utilize internal inventory system for tracking medication and supplies.
What You’ll Have:
- Valid Medical Assistant certification required.
- HS graduate or GED equivalent required
- Medical office experience as a CMA preferred.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
- Knowledge and understanding of medical terminology.
Benefits You Will Receive:
ARBDA’s programs reflect our continued commitment to our employees. We take pride in offering a competitive benefits package including health, dental, life, and long term disability insurance. We offer a 401K plan with a company contribution.