If you’re looking for a physician who specializes in lupus treatment in Wall, NJ, or another nearby area, your search ends here. Arthritis, Rheumatic & Bone Disease Associates is the leading destination in New Jersey for patients who need help dealing with the day-to-day challenges associated with lupus, as well as patients who are experiencing some of the telltale symptoms and aren’t sure what to do next.
Let’s talk a little bit about this sometimes misunderstood disease before we discuss how to cope.
What is Lupus and What are the Symptoms?
Lupus is an autoimmune disease in which an individual’s immune system attacks organs and tissues throughout the body. It affects more than 5 million people around the world, with an estimated 16,000 new cases reported each year.
Lupus can be difficult to identify because it imitates the symptoms of other conditions. In fact, it’s often called “the great imitator” for this very reason. Obviously, receiving an accurate diagnosis is an essential first step before formulating a treatment plan.
Let’s take a quick look at some of the early warning signs that often lead to a lupus diagnosis.
If you’ve been experiencing any of those symptoms, you can trust the experts at ARBDA to provide you with a correct diagnosis and develop a customized strategy for managing the disease. We have experience treating various forms of lupus, including:
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) — the most common form of lupus, potentially affecting every part of the body, from the joins to the kidneys, lungs and even the brain.
- Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus — a form of lupus in which the immune system attacks healthy skin.
- Discoid Lupus Erythematosus (DLE) — a form of lupus characterized by inflamed skin that’s marked by sores and scars.
How to Alleviate Lupus Symptoms
Lupus is a chronic condition, but with regular visits to ARBDA and proper self-care, lupus doesn’t have to hold you back from enjoying your life. Some ways to make living with lupus a little bit easier include:
- Medicine – There are a variety of prescription medications that can help reduce inflammation, treat the immune system and minimize joint damage caused by lupus. Our specialists will find the remedy that’s right for you.
- Limited sun/light exposure – Too much sun can trigger a lupus flare-up or exacerbate symptoms such as skin rashes.
- Rest – Proper sleep is key to combating the fatigue that often accompanies lupus.
- Stress relief – Living with a chronic condition can take a toll on you mentally. Studies have shown that reducing stress can both alleviate some of the physical discomfort associated with lupus, as well as ward off anxiety and depression.
- Exercise – Not only is exercise a great outlet for releasing stress, but it can boost energy levels and improve mood, thereby improving your overall quality of life.
- Healthy diet – Eating clean, nutrient-rich foods helps to reduce overall inflammation in the body.
Call ARBDA Today!
Lupus affects different people in different ways, and there is no one-size-fits-all approach to treatment. At ARBDA, we understand that. We combine innovative, effective treatment methods with a level of personal care you won’t find anywhere else.
For more information about lupus management in Moorestown, NJ, please don’t hesitate to contact the team at ARBDA today!