Website Arthritis, Rheumatic & Bone Disease Associates
What You’ll Be a Part of: the ARBDA Culture
Arthritis, Rheumatic and Bone Disease Associates (ARBDA) is one of the largest, most experienced, and Top-Rated rheumatology practices in the nation. Established in 1974, we have been caring for patients for close to 50 years. ARBDA has grown from a single office to 6 offices throughout south and central New Jersey and employs over 100 employees and growing. Our team is dedicated to diagnosing, treating, and medically managing arthritis, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases and Osteoporosis. Our mission is that we strive to continually build relationships with our patients and their families through treatment, education, and advocacy while maximizing their quality of life.
At ARBDA everyone has an opportunity to make an impact and put their skills and interests front and center. We are growing and want you to join our supportive culture and make your mark! Our team of doctors has an unwavering compassion for our patients and our employees. Be a part of something big!
What You Will Do:
The Accounts Receivable Lead provides daily guidance and assistance to the Accounts Receivable team, reviews open account receivable accounts for rejections and under payments and processes appeals when necessary.
- Serves as a liaison between the Billing Manager and AR team.
- Meets with the Billing Manager weekly to review open AR.
- Develops a strategy to resolve AR in a timely manner.
- Help to create and implement AR policies and procedures for the AR team and openly discuss ideas.
- Reviews monthly accounts receivable reports for claim status, reprocesses claims and processing appeals for denied claims to avoid timely filing deadlines.
- Works triage/to do tasks and reports issues to Billing Manager.
- Monitors AR Staff’s triages/to do tasks and reports.
- Meets with AR staff monthly or more frequently, if necessary to identify trends or issues to be discussed with Billing Manager.
- Provide training to AR staff.
- Assists department manager with interviewing potential department candidates.
- Reports any payment and denial trends to billing manager.
- Develops policies and templates for creating effective appeal letters.
- Reviews all appeal letters written by AR staff prior to sending out to payors.
What You’ll Have:
- High School graduate or GED equivalent required.
- Associate degree or Vocational Education required.
- Medical Coding certification required.
- At least 3 years’ experience in medical coding.
- Experience in writing appeal letters.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Record Systems (EMR) systems.
- Advanced MS Excel and MS Access skills required.
- Strong understanding of provider’s revenue cycle process.
Benefits You Will Receive:
ARBDA’s programs reflect our continued commitment to our employees. We take pride in offering a competitive benefits package including health, dental, life, and long term disability insurance. We offer a 401K plan with a company contribution.